December 28, 2011

How to play the Halo Theme when your computer starts up

If you love Halo as much as I do, chances are you probably love the Halo theme. I really love this song. I thought it would be cool to play it when my computer starts up, sort of like the main menu of the Halo games. So I spent a few hours looking for a way to do it online. I found the following solution. (PS: only works on PC. I'm not sure how to do it for Mac)

  1. If you don't already have the Halo Theme in your computer's library, download it off of iTunes, or go to this site, where you can download it for free in 256 bitrate.
  2. After the song is downloaded, right-click it and create a shortcut to the song. Put the shortcut in an easy-to-find folder.
  3. Find your "startup folder" this is a hidden folder, and you cannot find it unless you know how. To find your startup folder, open Windows Explorer. In the address bar, you type the following: C:\Documents and Settings\[right here, type your username on your computer]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
  4. Then, hit enter. If this is done correctly, you should now be in your startup folder. Once this is open, open a new window of Windows Explorer, find the Halo Theme shortcut, and drag-and-drop it into your startup folder. If all of the above is done correctly, when you start your computer, a small pop-up version of WM Player should open and begin playing that glorious Gregorian chant.
NOTE: I have not experienced any damage to my computer from this. It may be a little slower upon startup but thats fine for me. I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your computer, OS, or audio file.

No comments:

Post a Comment